Emotional Intelligence (EI) in the workplace is the capacity to effectively recognise and manage emotion in ourselves and others. Research has shown that 90% of leadership effectiveness is directly attributable to a person’s EI in the Workplace.
A recent study tracking over 160 high performing individuals revealed that EI is 200% more effective in contributing to performance excellence than intellect and expertise alone.
In order to grow their leadership capabilities, many companies pursue the benefits of training in EI in the workplace for their senior leadership and management teams. The purpose of a leadership program like this is simple: to move this group of people to the next level of performance.
This two-day intensive course covers the methods and practices required to harness your natural EI quotient.
- Develop your personal leadership capabilities
- Develop an understanding of key coaching principles and how to use them effectively
- Learn how to establish rapport with employees and create deeper and more trusting business relationships
- Understand how to help teams or individuals discover and commit to solutions to their problems
- Learn how to apply classical coaching models to powerful effect within your own company
- Explore how to give effective feedback in a way that both encourages the recipient and leads to higher performance delivery
- Learn what it means to build a reflective environment within your company, enabling your team to fully realise their working potential
- How to inspire employees to a higher level of performance
- Understanding the set of capabilities that distinguish outstanding people
- How to improve your entrepreneurial thinking & be adaptive to change
- How to become a more effective leader and better coach toyour employees
- How to be confident in your ability to build new relationships
- How to encourage honest, candid feedback from your direct reports and peers
- How to develop entrepreneurial thinking
- How to make decisions focused on the desired consequence
- How to Effectively deal with the setbacks
- How to be more focused on performance than your competitors
- Taking more Initiatives
- How to take on new tasks and build new relationship
By all means, bring your pencil case, and yes, there will be handouts, but there will be a lot more discourse, debate, improvisation, role play, technology, practice and group dynamics. The training will be conducted in a friendly, fun atmosphere, which not only allows for different learning styles, but respects each delegate as an individual and ensures each one is challenged and derives maximum benefit from the course. Our aim is that you will be highly stimulated and encouraged to rethink.